Community

On July 5, 2011, a mass the size of a fist was found in my brain after I had been experiencing very strong headaches that would wake me in the middle of the night. I had a craniotomy to have as much of the mass removed as possible. Pathology tests confirmed that I have Glioblastoma [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

There seem to be many rags to riches stories from Stillwater’s lumbering days. A young man with hardly a cent to his name struggles across the United States and finds himself in the boomtown of Stillwater. From there he pulls himself together, saves up some money and makes it big in the world. Although many [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

Jack Swanson, a Stillwater Area High School graduate and young tenor, is spending the summer singing in Santa Fe. He was selected to be a part of the Santa Fe Opera Apprenticeship Program, where he is improving his singing and performing skills alongside established professionals. “Santa Fe Opera is a summer festival,” Swanson explained. The [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

By Brad Hovland It’s been well documented all spring and summer about the high water levels, especially the Saint Croix River. For those of us who are “river rats” high water can be a bit of a nuisance. Now that levels are rapidly dropping and sand is reappearing, it’s time to get back on the [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon
up arrow
up arrow