Community

BY ELIZABETH WESTERHAUS GAZETTE COLUMNIST I’ve been thinking about monks. I know, weird. Of all the things to spend my free time contemplating. But I’ve always been SO enthralled with their seemingly “quiet” and peaceful life. The solitude that envelopes their serene landscape like a blanket each day. Their walking meditations along beautiful mountainside trails, [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

One of the most engaging things that we see in the gospel’s depiction of Jesus is the way that he sees past/through the obvious, external things about us and addresses the needs at the core of our lives. In doing this, Jesus often challenges us to rethink or reorder our relationships. Often we find ourselves [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

There once was a gal from Stillwater, whose dog was a too-frequent squatter. She’d pick up the poo, ‘cause it’s the right thing to do, But man, did she wish it were not her. Thanks to the recent warmer weather, our family has been venturing outside more and more often. Both our front and back [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

A 10-year-old with a big heart recently started a new project that aims to help others. Beth Hamm, a fourth-grader at St. Croix Preparatory Academy, named her project “Wrap them in love.” She makes tie blankets for foster children with whom HOPE Adoption works. “My mom was telling me about other kids who don’t have [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

Dear Stillwater, So folks, it’s time to clue you in. The right people have been informed, acknowledgements have been sent, and now it’s time to tell you, my readers: Today is my last day at The Stillwater Gazette. It’s a bittersweet goodbye. Over the past year and a half I have had the honor and [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon
up arrow
up arrow