Community

By Joel Martin According the Wendell Berry, “One of the most important resources that a garden makes available for use, is the gardener’s own body. A garden gives the body the dignity of working in its own support. It is a way of rejoining the human race.” Earlier this year, Christ Lutheran in Marine on [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

By David Fabio I am always fascinated by the call of the loons. They have been very active lately. Last week I was trying to take a picture of a loon on Long Lake, when it kept swimming farther out of my shot. A couple seconds later I realized why it had ducked under the [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

Last week I found an emergency escape rope hanging from my upstairs bedroom made completely out of bras. My best ones too. Someone had been digging deep into the catacombs of my underwear drawer for fresh material. I briefly considered it evidence of a grand gesture from my husband. But under closer inspection, it resembled an [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

Hearing set for Zephyr abatement appeal David Paradeau has appealed an abatement order by the Stillwater City Council that gave him until Sept. 29 to remove two locomotives from the Minnesota Zephyr from his property at 601 N. Main St. The order, issued Aug. 7, cited safety concerns because the trains are free for children [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon
up arrow
up arrow