Community

Crews are now casting St. Croix Crossing river bridge segments at the Grey Cloud Island casting yard near Cottage Grove. About 650 pre-cast segments will make up the driving surface of the bridge over the river. The segments will continue to be cast throughout the winter and in 2015. Once crews are ready to construct [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

BY JONATHAN YOUNG THE GAZETTE Stillwater’s first dog park has its grand opening Saturday, Oct. 18, next to the Jaycee Ball Fields. After years of seeking a site in the St. Croix Valley, the Friends of Stillwater Area Dog Park received final approval for the project from the Stillwater City Council Aug. 19. For Allison [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

The three candidates running for two open seats on the Bayport City Council tackled several questions about city issues during a Gazette-sponsored forum at Bayport City Hall Oct. 14. Brian DeLisle is challenging the two incumbents, Michele Hanson and Patrick McGann. However, this is also the first election for McGann, who was appointed to an [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

BY NELLIEBELLIE In this here house, we like healthy. We like fun. We like fast. We like healthy, fun and fast all smooshed together. And yes, I’m talking about food. Now that my kids are in school, I need to make tasty after-school treats for my kids that are fast and healthy. And with Halloween [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

At 6 p.m. Friday, Oct. 24, Oak Glen Golf Course in Stillwater will host Carnival of Hope, the annual fundraising event for ESR (formerly East Suburban Resources). The Carnival of Hope celebrates ESR’s 50 years serving people with disabilities in Washington County and its recent expansion into St. Croix County, Wis. The event will feature [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

BY ANGIE HONG FEATURED COLUMNIST In the days leading up to this year’s Twin Cities Marathon, I chewed my finger nails down to nubs, twisted my stomach up in knots, and grew progressively more and more nervous about the upcoming race. By Saturday, I was already preemptively depressed about how poorly I would run the [...]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon
up arrow
up arrow