STATE OF MINNESOTA
COUNTY OF WASHINGTON
TENTH JUDICIAL DISTRICT
Case Type: Dissolution without Children
Court File No: TBA
In re the Marriage of:
Alvin G. Lewis Jr.,
Eduardo Narvaez Hernandez,
THIS SUMMONS IS DIRECTED TO RESPONDENT ABOVE-NAMED: EDUARDO NARVAEZ HERNANDEZ, 350 MAIN STREET, UNIT #430, STILLWATER, MINNESOTA 55082:
1. YOU ARE BEING SUED. The Petitioner has started a lawsuit against you. The Petitioners Complaint against you is attached to this Summons. Do not throw these papers away. They are official papers that affect your rights. You must respond to this lawsuit even though it may not yet be filed with the Court and there may be no court file number on this summons.
2. YOU MUST REPLY WITHIN 30 DAYS TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS. You must give or mail to the person who signed this summons a written response called an Answer within 30 days of the date on which you received this Summons. You must send a copy of your Answer to the person who signed this Summons located at:
Mark J. Vierling
Eckberg Lammers, P.C.
1809 Northwestern Avenue
Stillwater, MN 55082
3. YOU MUST RESPOND TO EACH CLAIM. The Answer is your written response to the Petitioners Complaint. In your Answer you must state whether you agree or disagree with each paragraph of the Complaint. If you believe the Petitioner should not be given everything asked for in the Complaint, you must say so in your Answer.
4. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CASE IF YOU DO NOT SEND A WRITTEN RESPONSE TO THE COMPLAINT TO THE PERSON WHO SIGNED THIS SUMMONS. If you do not Answer within 30 days, you will lose this case. You will not get to tell your side of the story, and the Court may decide against you and award the Petitioner everything asked for in the Complaint. If you do not want to contest the claims stated in the Complaint, you do not need to respond. A default judgment can then be entered against you for the relief requested in the Complaint.
5. LEGAL ASSISTANCE. You may wish to get legal help from a lawyer. If you do not have a lawyer, the Court Administrator may have information about places where you can get legal assistance. Even if you cannot get legal help, you must still provide a written Answer to protect your rights or you may lose the case.
6. ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The parties may agree to or be ordered to participate in an alternative dispute resolution process under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice. You must still send your written response to the Petition for Dissolution of Marriage even if you expect to use alternative means of resolving this dispute.
Parties to a marriage dissolution proceeding are encouraged to attempt alternative dispute resolution pursuant to Minnesota law. Alternative dispute resolution includes mediation, arbitration and other processes as set forth in the district court rules. You may contact the Court Administrator about resources in your area. If you can not pay for mediation or alternative dispute resolution, in some counties, assistance may be available to you through a nonprofit provider or a court program. If you are a victim of domestic abuse or threats of abuse as defined in Minnesota Statutes Chapter 518B, you are not required to try mediation and you will not be penalized by the Court in later proceedings.
7. THIS LAWSUIT MAY AFFECT OR BRING INTO QUESTION TITLE TO REAL PROPERTY
a. Located in Washington County, State of Minnesota, legally described as follows:
Unit No. 430, Common Interest Community No. 251, a Condominium, Stillwater Mills on Main, Washington County, Minnesota
b. Located in the Country of Ecuador, legally described as follows:
To be determined
8. NOTICE OF TEMPORARY RESTRAINING ORDER: Under Minnesota law, service of this Summons makes the following requirements apply to both parties to this action, unless they are modified by the Court or the proceeding is dismissed:
A. Neither party may dispose of any assets except:
(i) for the necessities of life or for the necessary generation of income or preservation of assets;
(ii) by an agreement, in writing; or
(iii) for retaining counsel to carry on or to contest this proceeding.
B. Neither party may harass the other party; and,
C. All currently available insurance coverage must be maintained and continued without change in coverage or beneficiary designation.
9. IF YOU VIOLATE ANY OF THESE PROVISIONS, YOU WILL BE SUBJECT TO SANCTIONS BY THE COURT.
ECKBERG LAMMERS, P.C.
Mark J. Vierling, Esq. (#112823)
Attorney for Petitioner
1809 Northwestern Avenue
Stillwater, MN 55082
Published in the
September 1, 8, 15, 2017