The Washington County Sheriff’s Office and the Washington County Department of Health and Environment will be partnering with the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) again in 2017 for the annual National Prescription Drug Take Back Day. The Washington County Prescription Drug Take Back events are scheduled to take place in the following locations on Saturday, April 29:
- Washington County Government Center 14949 62nd St. N. Stillwater, 8 a.m. to noon.
- Mahtomedi “Rite of Spring” event, Mahtomedi Public Schools District Office 1520 Mahtomedi Ave. Mahtomedi, 9 a.m. to noon.
Prescription medications accepted are as follows:
-Pills and capsules
-Creams and gels
-Inhalers and patches
-IV bags and vials
-Liquids/powders and sprays
Items not accepted:
-Needles, used Epipens, syringes, lancets or thermometers
-Liquid chemotherapy drugs
Keep the medications in original containers. If you don’t have the original containers, place in a small bag. Drop-off is anonymous – no ID required. The majority of opioid pain medications trafficked in the state of Minnesota come from friends and family.
The county also maintains three permanent drop off sites at the following locations:
- Headwaters Service Center 19955 Forest Road N., Forest Lake
- Washington County Service Center 13000 Ravine Parkway S., Cottage Grove
- Law Enforcement Center 15015 62nd St. N., Stillwater