STATE OF MINNESOTA
COUNTY OF WASHINGTON
TENTH JUDICIAL DISTRICT
Case Type: Civil Other/Reformation
Court File No:__________________
New York Community Bank,
Wendlian M. Guzman, Joseph A. Guzman, and
Bremer Bank, National Association,
THIS SUMMONS IS DIRECTED TO THE ABOVE-NAMED DEFENDANT.
1. YOU ARE BEING SUED. The Plaintiff has started a lawsuit against you. The Plaintiffs Complaint against you is attached to this summons. Do not throw these papers away. They are official papers that affect your rights. You must respond to this lawsuit even though it may not yet be filed with the Court and there may be no court file number on this summons.
2. YOU MUST REPLY WITHIN 20 DAYS TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS. You must give or mail to the person who signed this summons a written response called an Answer within 20 days of the date on which you received this Summons. You must send a copy of your Answer to the person who signed this summons located at:
7616 Currell Blvd, Suite 200, Woodbury, Minnesota 55125.
3. YOU MUST RESPOND TO EACH CLAIM. The Answer is your written response to the Plaintiffs Complaint. In your Answer you must state whether you agree or disagree with each paragraph of the Complaint. If you believe the Plaintiff should not be given everything asked for in the Complaint, you must say so in your Answer.
4. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CASE IF YOU DO NOT SEND A WRITTEN
RESPONSE TO THE COMPLAINT TO THE PERSON WHO SIGNED THIS SUMMONS. If you do not Answer within 20 days, you will lose this case. You will not get to tell your side of the story, and the Court may decide against you and award the Plaintiff everything asked for in the complaint. If you do not want to contest the claims stated in the complaint, you do not need to respond. A default judgment can then be entered against you for the relief requested in the complaint.
5. LEGAL ASSISTANCE. You may wish to get legal help from a lawyer. If you do not have a lawyer, the Court Administrator may have information about places where you can get legal assistance. Even if you cannot get legal help, you must still provide a written Answer to protect your rights or you may lose the case.
6. ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The parties may agree to or be ordered to participate in an alternative dispute resolution process under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice. You must still send your written response to the Complaint even if you expect to use alternative means of resolving this dispute.
7. THIS LAWSUIT MAY AFFECT OR BRING INTO QUESTION TITLE TO
REAL PROPERTY located in Washington County, State of Minnesota, legally described as follows:
Unit No 334, Common Interest Community No. 215, Oakcrest Village
Condominiums, Washington County, Minnesota.
8. THE OBJECT OF THIS ACTION IS TO: Obtain an Order reforming the Mortgage dated May 12, 2006 and filed with the Washington County Recorder on August 24, 2006 as Document No. 3602976 to reflect the correct spelling of the Mortgagors name:
from: Jospeh A. Guzman (incorrect);
to: Joseph A. Guzman (correct).
Dated: _____________, 2016
WILFORD, GESKE & COOK, P.A.
By: David R. Mortensen, #032906X
Attorneys for Plaintiff
7616 Currell Blvd, Suite 200
Woodbury, MN 55125
Published in the
December 9, 16, 23, 2016