Police reports: Bicyclist threatened with handgun on Myrtle

Bicyclist threatened with handgun on Myrtle

A bicyclist reported that a hand gun pointed at her from a passing car around 8 p.m. on June 5 in Stillwater.

The female bike rider was traveling east on the Myrtle Street hill Thursday evening when a late-model red Pontiac Grad Prix-type vehicle slow down to match her speed.

According to the police report, a teenage-looking male passenger of the vehicle pulled out a black handgun, pointed it at her head, said the word, “pow,” laughed, and the vehicle drove off.

The victim was distraught and slowed her bicycle, turned onto Fourth Street, and went to the police station to make a report. She told police she did not believe she had any enemies, nor did she know the individuals in the vehicle.

A search of the surrounding area did not locate a suspect matching the description given by the victim. The case is inactive pending further information.

St. Croix River ‘Booze Cruise’ ends in 20-person fight

Pints turned into punches when patrons of the St. Croix Boat and Packet’s ‘Booze Cruise’ reached dry land June 5. No charges were issued when a fight broke out after the boat trip disembarked, according to police reports.

Two Stillwater police officers were stationed at the pay lot on South Main Street to observe patrons of the ‘Booze Cruise’ leaving the boat dock when the staff of the paddleboat reported 15-20 people engaging in a fight. At 10:20 p.m., officers approached the east side of the building, where they witnessed a large physical altercation. When officers arrived, most of the people involved dispersed from the area; however, officers observed a female on top of another woman. The first woman was punching and pulling the victim’s hair.

Officers removed the first female and handcuffed her while she was questioned. According to the police report, the female was obviously intoxicated and very distraught that the purse of a friend had allegedly been stolen.

Due to the number of people fighting, all parties were released at the scene without charges. There were no injuries.