City of Stillwater
AN ORDINANCE ESTABLISHING A WATER MANAGEMENT TAX DISTRICT
THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF STILLWATER DOES ORDAIN:
1. THE CITY. The City of Stillwater, Washington County, Minnesota, is an Home Rule City of the Third Class and unit of local government within which is located territory that is within the Middle St. Croix Water Management Organization (WMO).
2. THE WMO. The Middle St. Croix Water Management Organization has adopted a Plan in accordance with Section 103B.231 of the Minnesota Statutes and the City has adopted the Plan within the meaning of Minnesota Statute 103B.235.
3. ANNUAL LEVY. By this Ordinance the City may annually levy a tax on all taxable property within the City that is also within the WMO (the District) for the purpose of paying capital costs of the Water Management Facilities described in the Capital Improvement Program of the Plan and for the purpose of paying for normal and routine maintenance of the Facilities.
4. AREA INCLUDED. The Territory and area within the City that is to be included in the District is described on the map attached to this Ordinance as Exhibit A legally described in Exhibit B. A list of all parcels within the WMO is available for inspection during normal business hours at City Hall.
5. SPECIAL FUND. The proceeds of the tax shall be paid into a fund reserved for the purposes set forth in this Ordinance. Any proceeds remaining in the reserve fund at the time the tax is terminated or the District is dissolved shall be transferred in irrevocably pledged to the debt service fund of the City to be used solely to reduce tax levies for bond indebtedness of taxable property in the District.
6. ADOPTION AND FUNDING. After adoption of this Ordinance the Ordinance shall be filed with the County Auditor and the County Recorder of Washington County and will be effective for taxes payable in the year 2014. It is intended that the City have all the authority of a local government unit as described and set forth in Minnesota Statutes 103B.245.
7. EFFECTIVE DATE. This Ordinance shall be and is hereby declared to be in full force and effect from and after its passage and publication according to law.
Adopted by the City Council of the City of Stillwater this 3rd day of December, 2013.
CITY OF STILLWATER
/s/ Ken Harycki
Ken Harycki, Mayor
/s/ Diane F. Ward
Diane F. Ward, City Clerk
12/11/13, Ordinance 1062
City of Stillwater