The state Department of Transportation advises motorists to expect construction zones and road closures throughout the metro area, not only over the weekend but in the days leading up to next week’s Labor Day holiday weekend.
Projects that either have road closures or could cause traffic delays are:
- Minnesota 36: Closed both directions between U.S. Highway 61 and White Bear Avenue until Aug. 31. MN 36 between U.S. 61 and Edgerton Street is reduced to a single lane through Sept. 28.
- Minnesota 95: Closed both directions between Chisago County roads 12 and 16 until Aug. 27.
- Minnesota 3: Closed between 70th Street and Allen Way in Inver Grove Heights beginning at 10 p.m. today through 5 a.m. Aug. 26.
- U.S. 10: Single lane between West Main Street/Greenhaven Road and Seventh Avenue until Aug. 30.
- Interstate 35 southbound: Single lane between the I-35/I-35W/I-35E split and County Road 50 from 7 p.m. today to 1 p.m. Monday.
- Interstate 35W: The ramp from westbound Ramsey County Road 10 to southbound I-35W and the ramp from northbound I-35W to westbound Ramsey County 10 closes late tonight. Both ramps are expected to re-open by 5 a.m. Aug. 26. The ramp from southbound I-35W to north/east Highway 13 is closed until further notice.
- U.S. Highway 52 Lafayette Bridge: Vehicle length restrictions remain in effect; vehicles longer than 35 feet are not allowed.
Minnesota 65: Closed in both directions of MN 65 between Osborne Road Northeast and 81st Avenue Northeast in Spring Lake Park beginning at 10 p.m. today until 5 a.m. Monday.
- U.S. Highway 169: the ramp from Highway 101/13 to northbound U.S. 169 closes at 10 p.m. today and is expected to re-open by 5 a.m. Monday.
- Interstate 494: Closed westbound between I-35W and Minnesota 100 beginning at 10 p.m. today until 5 a.m. Monday.
- Interstate 694: Single lane eastbound between MN 100 in Brooklyn Center and Long Lake Road in New Brighton between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m. Westbound single lane from MN 65 to MN 100 between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m. Numerous other closures associated with the project can be found on the project web site, including the closure of the ramp from eastbound I-694 to southbound I-35W.
MnDOT urges motorist to exercise patience, pay attention in work zones and follow the posted speed limits to keep the roads safe.
MnDOT also reminds motorists of extra “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” DWI patrols will be on the roads until Sept. 12.