Lakeview Health recently announced it’s upcoming April classes. They include:
- Stillwater Medical Group surgeon Dr. Amy Fox discusses diagnosis and treatment of thyroid nodules and treatment of thyroid cancer from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. April 3 at Lakeview Hospital. A thyroid nodule is a growth or lump in the thyroid gland which is located at the base of the neck. The class is free but registration is required and can be done by calling 651-430-4697 or visiting lakeviewhealth.org.
- A six-week Kids & Teens in Grief support group for children kindergarten-age through high school who have experienced a loved one’s death is 6 to 7:15 p.m. from April 4 through May 9 at Boutwells Landing. The class is free, and registration required. Call 651-430-4586 to register.
- Persons and families dealing with a cancer diagnosis can attend “Finding Your Way through Cancer” from 7:15 to 8:15 p.m. April 4-25 at Lakeview Hospital. Register for the free class by calling 651-430-4697 or visiting lakeviewhealth.org.
- Stillwater Medical Group urologists Dr. Thomas Stormont and Dr. David Henly and Cindy Land RN, will discuss diagnosis and treatment of complicated bladder problems in men and women from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. April 8 at Lakeview Hospital. The trio will also discuss state of the art urologic tools that are available at Lakeview including urodynamic, biofeedback, ESTIM, BOTOX injections and bladder slings. Call 651-430-4697 or visit lakeviewhealth.org to register for this free session.
- Lakeview Hospital registered dietitian Jennifer Sletten will talk about how to achieve successful weight loss at “Healthy Weight: What Really Works?” from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. April 9 at Lakeview Hospital, Sletten also discusses healthy fats, grocery shopping, label reading and eating on the run and offers behavior modification strategies and ideas on setting goals. Call 651-430-4697 or visit lakeviewhealth.org to register for this free class.
- Each human foot has 26 bones and 33 joints so a lot of things can go wrong. Join Stillwater Medical Group foot and ankle provider Dr. Michael Bourne as he talks about general foot and ankle pain and measures you can take to overcome the pain at “Common Foot Problems” from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. April 10 at Lakeview Hospital. Call 651-430-4697 or visit lakeviewhealth.org to register for this free session.
- The New Brother/Sister class help your child ages 3 to 8 years prepare for mom’s hospital stay, a new baby in the family and their new sibling role. This is 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. April 11 at Lakeview Hospital. Cost $20 per family. Call 651-430-4510 or visit lakeviewhealth.org to register.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control, nearly 10 percent of the U.S. population experiences chronic insomnia. New methods for assessing and treating sleep disorders can bring hope. Stillwater Medical Group pulmonologist Dr. Bijwadia discusses the stages and functions of sleep, how insomnia develops and available treatment options at “Insomnia: Catching the Wave” from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. April 17 at Lakeview Hospital. Call 651-430-4697 or visit lakeviewhealth.org to register for this session.
- Advance Care Planning for Minnesota Residentsis 1 to 2 p.m. April 17 at Lakeview Hospital. Get the tools you need to assess your goals, values and beliefs about end-of-life care. We offer tips on initiating a conversation with loved ones and picking a surrogate decision maker. Participants will also have an opportunity to schedule a free, private appointment to complete their advance directive with a member of Lakeview Hospital’s social services staff. Call 651-430-4697 or visit lakeviewhealth.org to sign up.