Man gets 2 year probation, fine in sexual assault case

A Stillwater man was placed on probation for two years and must pay a fine of $3,000 after being convicted of fifth-degree criminal sexual conduct.

According to court reports, on Sept. 12, 2010, the man, identified as Benjamin Neperud Mildon, sexually assaulted a Cottage Grove woman.

According to court documents, the woman told police she had been at a party at a residence where she used to live. Documents said the woman was intoxicated and decided to sleep in the basement in her shirt and underwear. The victim got sick a couple of times and decided to sleep in the bathroom.

The woman remembers waking up and being lead back to the bedroom by a man identified as Mildon she met earlier that night, then realized he was touching her inappropriately. She told the man no and then attacked her. She tried to fight him off by punching, kicking and scratching Mildon and yelling.

Court documents indicate that after Mildon stopped, the victim called her parents, told the owner of the house that she was raped and had a sexual assault evaluation done.

According to court documents, officers returned to the scene and were told by Mildon’s brother that guests had left, although Mildon’s car was still in the driveway.

He also originally told officers that his brother left around 8 p.m. with his parents. But after a call was made to Mildon’s mother and she said Mildon was not in the car with his parents, the brother changed his story and said Mildon did not leave the residence until 1 or 2 a.m.

Court documents state that Mildon said he was drinking heavily that night and had sex with the woman, but said it was consensual. He said he had left the home after he had heard police would likely be coming.


Burglary conviction for OPH woman


An Oak Park Heights woman was placed on probation for seven years after being  convicted of aiding and abetting second-degree burglary.

Court documents indicate the woman, identified as Danielle Jo Vilieux, and another woman, Jeannee Elise Mauer, were caught by a neighbor of the home Vilieux and Mauer were trying to break into Aug. 1, 2012.

According to court documents, a neighbor told police officers that he had heard noise that sounded like someone was trying to break into his neighbor’s house in the 2600 block of Hidden Valley Lane. Documents added that the neighbor looked at the back of the house being broken into and noticed two women. They realized the neighbor had seen them and fled the scene in a Toyota Camry.

Reports state that officers located the vehicle and found the women shortly after the attempted burglary was reported. Reports said that Mauer had tree branches sticking out of her hair as if they had been hiding. Reports added that Mauer andVilieux gave officers inconsistent stories about why they were in the Hidden Valley Lane neighborhood.

Mauer admitted to going to the home and knocking on windows and doors to find someone inside, telling officers the pair was looking for the home of Vilieux’s ex-boyfriend.

Court documents state that Mauer then told officers that Vilieux had three to five shopping bags containing various items including a jewelry box, jar of coins, another felt box with jewelry, various bottles of perfume, a large men’s watch and a ladies watch. Mauer said when they saw police they threw the bags aside and hid in the bushes.

Court documents state that the bags were found and included all the items Mauer described along with business cards, a credit card and a vase with a name engraved on them. Court documents said a call came in later that evening regarding a burglary on the 2600 block of Hidden Valley Lane and the items were identified as belonging to the resident. The rear door of the home was forced open causing the latch, and wood around the lock to have broken as well as some drywall.


  St. Mary’s Point man convicted of domestic assault


            A St. Mary’s Point man has been sentenced to 90 days in jail and a $1,000 fine after being convicted of domestic assault and strangulation of his wife.

According to court documents, neighbors called police May 24 to report a domestic assault. The man, identified as William Joseph Rivet, said he and his wife had a “little argument” concerning the details of their divorce.

Court documents said Washington County Sheriff deputies noticed the man’s wife had red marks on her neck and her eyes were swollen with a fresh injury to her left eye. The woman told deputies repeatedly that she was scared.

Court documents state that after deputies removed Rivet, his wife told them she was sitting in a wicker chair in the garage and they were arguing over multiple issues when Rivet grabbed her by the throat with his right hand and pinned her in the chair, then struck her on each side of her face. Documents say the wife “could not breathe and thought she would pass out.”

Documents state that Rivet has a history of physically abusing his wife and has threatened to kill her in the past and his wife believes his threats are serious.

Rivet said that the argument got loud and he put his hand over her mouth to “settle her down.” He denied other physical contact. He also said he didn’t remember choking his wife but the argument was heated.